Who’s looking for fast ways to get dinner on the table? Me- I raise my hand quickly. It can be very challenging to get dinner served fast when you have requests that take a long time to make. I was recently asked by the kind folks over at Walmart if I could create a recipe using Manwich and Hunt’s pasta sauce? What kind of question is that? Of course, I can.
My son is a fan of noodles, and most recently has come to love sloppy joes. I thought of combining the two and making Manwich lasagna rolls. The preparation for this meal was so easy to make, my son LOVED it, and I was able to grab all the ingredients I needed at Walmart. Don’t you love when things come together so easily, and for a reason? I do.
Ingredients for manwich lasagna rolls:
- 1- tablespoon butter
- 1/2 – cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 – pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – can Manwich
- 10 – lasagna noodles (boiled)
- 1 – cup ricotta cheese
- 1 – cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 – cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 – cup fresh basil cut pieces
- a teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 – can Hunt’s pasta sauce
- In a large pan over a medium flame add in butter and allow to melt. Pour in mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef to mushrooms and break it up with a spatula. Cook ground beef until cooked through about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add in a can of manwich. Mix it in completely and let it heat through. Set to the side.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package then drain from water. Lay flat on a clean work surface.
- Take one heaping tablespoon of ricotta cheese and spread it along the entire lasagna noodle. Do the same to the next one till all noodles are done. Then sprinkle each noodle with a little bit of chili flakes, and a healthy pinch of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Place a few pieces of basil along the noodle, then top the cheese with a nice portion of Manwich down the middle.
- Next take the edge of the lasagna noodle and roll it into a roll. Like the photo posted below.
- In a baking dish pour half the Hunt’s pasta sauce into the bottom, then place your rolled lasagna rolls in the dish. Make sure it’s a snug fit. Top with remaining Hunt’s pasta sauce. Then sprinkle the top with remaining grated cheese. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve hot! Enjoy!