Sauce please…. Can you make sure it’s extra spicy? I like to live, I love to taste, and especially when we are talking about food. I’ve recently become obsessed with making quick sauces to top my food with. Maybe it’s because my Mom is salsa crazed and I like feeding her… I don’t know, I just know I am making different types of little salsa like condiments to smother or drizzle on my protein, veggies, or tacos. Which brings me to my point…. I’ve been using baby spinach and blending it with charred jalapeño. I put it in a little jar for easy access, and it just makes it easier to store. I made it again over the weekend for my Momma to top her eggs with, but she ended up putting it on her pizza, and declaring it her new favorite sauce. I think of it kinda like a chimichurri except made with spinach.
Ingredients for spicy spinach sauce:
- 1 – container organic baby spinach
- 1 – charred jalapeño (stem removed)
- 4 – garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Pulse on high until smooth.
- Pour into a jar.
- Store in fridge for up to a week.
- Great for topping on fish, chicken, eggs, meat, or tacos.