Did you watch my video? If not… let me tell you what’s going on via this written post. I bought a Crock-Pot at Walmart (pisssst… they are so reasonably priced you should go get one too) and came home and wanted to use it. Something told me to look at the Crock Pot website… I did and stumbled upon this.
If you are a savvy slow cooking fan, the Crock-Pot brand is kicking off its annual Ultimate Crock-Pot CrockStar Contest. The winner will earn the title of “2014 Ultimate Crock-Pot Crock-Star,” plus $5,000 and be featured on Crock-Pot.com.
Visit CrockStars.com between now and October 31st, 2014
Submit a 1-minute “video selfie” prepping your favorite original slow cooker recipe using a Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. Then text your original recipe.
Be sure to follow these and all contest rules noted on the site for eligibility!
Can you believe $5000 for a single recipe? I’m going to enter to win now. Will you? In the meantime just to get my feet wet I tried out a brownie recipe. Here is the easy recipe.
Crock Pot Brownies:
- 12 – tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/3 – cups sugar
- 2/3 – cup unsweeted coco powder
- 1/2 – cup flour
- 1 – tablespoon vanilla
- 3 – eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 – cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of a 7 quart crockpot with foil.
- Spray foil with a non-stick baking spray.
- In a bowl add butter, sugar, coco powder, flour, and vanilla together. Mix until combined and looks like a thick paste.
- Add in the beaten eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the foil lined crock pot, and cook on low for 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours or until just a small bit of the center is still gooey.
- Serve a la mode while still warm.