“Chop, chop, chop”… I’m singing the noise of the knife hitting the cutting board that I use for my chopped salad. This repetitious chopping sounds like a symphony to my ears knowing a lovely salad will be stacked up high in a bowl as soon as I get it all sliced, diced, and slivered. I’ve come to crave my salami chopped salad more then I want to admit and thus far have only made it for my immediate family. I think it’s time to spread the lettuce wealth around and unleash it on my blog.
As you know Labor day is around the corner, and everyone I know is getting their last of the Summer Ya-ya’s out, me included! When my family potluck sheet stumbled upon me and I was forced to pick a dish to bring way in advance, I signed up for my chopped salad. I know it can be severed as a great side with anything else that is being served, or it works well as a little appetizer, or it has enough star power to steal the whole show. Yes, I’m still talking about the salami chopped salad. I have even made a vegetarian version for my Mom a few times.
So there you have it folks, I’m taking a chopped salad to my family Labor day potluck. Check out the recipe, you may want to chop some salad yourself.
Here’s the best part: I can get everything I need for my most spectacular salad at Walmart. They got it all.
Ingredients for salami chopped salad:
- 1 – head iceberg lettuce (sliced thin)
- 1/2 – head purple cabbage (sliced thin)
- 1/2 – cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 – cup salami (sliced thin)
- 1/2 – cup yellow raisins
- 1/2 – cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1 – peach (sliced and chopped)
- 1/4 – cup pepperoncini (sliced thin)
- 1/2 – cup green olives (chopped)
- 1/2 – cup cucumber (sliced and slivered)
- Italian dressing
- Red bell pepper (sliced into slivers)
- On a large cutting board slice, chop or grate all ingredients.
- Place ingredients into a bowl and toss with salad tongs or with your hands.
- Drizzle top with a little bit of italian dressing just to taste.
- Top with red bell pepper slices.
For more Labor Day recipe ideas click on the links below!
- Lemony Basil Orzo Pasta Salad
- Creamy Chicken Artichoke Casserole
- Key Lime Pie
- Red White And Blueberry Angel Cake
- Mac and Cheese Deep Fried Bites
- Jack Daniel’s Smoked & Grilled Burgers
- Easy Labor Day Picnic
- Mango Chicken Skewers
- Cookie Ice Cream Bowls
- Garlic Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas
- Frozen Berry Lemonade