You know that feeling you get after you just walked out of a film that was so satisfying on every level? The story line was great. The acting was superb. The cinematography was excellent, the art design was dazzling, and you were completely sucked in from start to finish. That was me with The Hundred Foot Journey. I loved everything about it. I roared with laughter, I cried, I had so much food envy throughout the movie… I just loved it! Here…let me give you a briefing on what the movie is about.
An Indian family loses everything they had and owned in India and decides to flee to Europe, the south of France to be exact. Once there, they open a restaurant directly across the street from a very highfalutin 1 Michelin Star restaurant. The culture clash that ensues with the rival restaurateur Madame Mallory (Hellen Mirren) begins and takes us on a visually mouthwatering adventure.
There is a little bit of everything in this film for everybody. It’s the perfect date film, or a girls night out, or Sunday with your Mom. The Hundred Foot Journey is in theaters now! Go see it!
In complete tribute to the foodie film I wanted to create something I could make quickly but be transported back to the film. Here is my Curry Chicken Salad.
Ingredients for curry chicken salad:
- 1 – pound chicken (cooked and chopped into cubes)
- 1/3 – cup red onion (cubed)
- 1/3 – cup pistachio
- 1/3 – cup champagne grapes ( I used Melissa’s Produce) (stems removed)
- 1/3 – cup mayo
- 1 – teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 – chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, red onion, pistachios, champagne grapes in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Mix mayo, curry powder, and chili powder in a bowl to completely combine.
- Pour curry mayo over chicken mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Salt and pepper to liking.
- Spoon salad over a slice of lettuce. Or put on a slice of bread.