I am passionate about nachos. I’m kinda like a little scavenger when it comes to the crunchy finger food. I am constantly on the hunt for a good plate of them and when I find one, I practically lick it clean. The problem is they are sort of hard to acquire. I’m not talking about the fake plastic cheese version that every movie theater and ballpark carry. I’m talking about the kind that are loaded with fresh guacamole, crumbled cheese, chopped grilled meat, cilantro, and a wonderful helping of spicy salsa. Yes, those are the nachos I dream of. Most of the time the only way to devour a spectacular dish of this stature is to make them yourself.
Ever since the news that Walmart was going to carry ‘Wild Oats Organic’ hit the press, I have been dying to try the new organic corn chips, with one thing in mind… NACHOS! Today is the day, I found the corn chips at my local Walmart along with wild oats black beans and spicy hot salsa. I grabbed a couple of other ingredients and the rest is just a faded memory, because the plate is gone. I miss you already nachos, until we meet again (probably next week)!
Ingredients for nachos:
- 1 – bag Wild Oats Organic white corn tortilla chips
- 1 – can Wild Oats Organic black beans or pinto beans (drained)
- 1/2 – cup corn kernels
- 10 – cherry tomatoes (cut into 4′s)
- 1 – jar Wild Oats hot salsa
- 1 – grilled chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 – cup guacamole
- 1/2 – cup queso fresco
- 1/4 – cup sour cream
- 1/8 – fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/8 – cup olives
- Place a handful of chips on a platter.
- In a small bowl combine black beans, corn kernels, and diced cherry tomatoes. Mix to combine.
- Spoon half of the bean mixture over the chips.
- Add a few spoons full of salsa over the top, along with chicken and guacamole.
- Crumble 1/2 of the queso fresco, dollop sour cream, and sprinkle cilantro and olives.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients.