We are a baseball family. My grandfather loves Dodger baseball, and so does my fiance. These are the two men in my life that I will be celebrating this Father’s Day. I know for a fact that both my Grandpa and my Honey Bunny want to stay home and lounge for a day of baseball (yes, the Dodgers are playing that day). I decided to make our Father’s Day menu a ballpark theme. There will be caramel popcorn, salted nuts, chocolate malts in a cup, and hogs in a blanket. These two sports fans will be HOG wild about the idea.
The best part about this whole plan is I could buy EVERYTHING I need to make my Father’s Day celebration happen at Walmart! That allows me less time running around from store to store and more time spent with my lovely family. Plus making hogs in a blanket is so easy and can be done in no time at all. It gives any baseball viewing game at home the perfect vibe of being in the stadium. All you have to do is serve with mustard, a pickle on a the side, and you got a perfect bite size treat. Hooray!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads who work hard to raise their children right.
Ingredients for hogs in a blanket:
- 1 – box puff pastry sheets
- egg wash (1 egg and 1 tablespoon water)
- 8 – franks or any cooked sausage of your choice
- Optional: sesame seed, poppy seeds, dried jalapenos, grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Brush on side of each square with egg wash.
- Place the frank on the opposite side and roll the puff pastry up toward the side with the egg wash. Press the edge to seal.
- Brush the top of each top with the egg wash.
- Optional: Sprinkle tops with any of the seeds or cheese above. Press topping into dough, then cut each one in half.
- Place on a baking mat lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard and a pickle.