It’s been a little over a month and I have been working hard at my exercise routine. Trying my hardest to be as active as possible at least 5 times a week. I am very fortunate that I have a great support team behind me. My fiance joins me most of the time for a serious hike or a walk/run/jog/walk, and then I have my pilates class which my best friend A-dre (who recently moved next door to me, I know I’m lucky to have my best gal living a few steps away) likes to join me for. I must admit this wellness/exercise thing is a serious commitment. I tell myself as I’m sweating buckets in the California heat “it is all for the greater good of my health.” Of course I’m doing it for vanity (I need to lose some lbs.), but I’m also doing it for sanity. I love the feeling of an accomplished workout at the beginning of my day.
Lately I have been making a refreshing “agua de pepino y yerba buena” that I like to keep on tap chilled in the fridge. It’s my reward when I come back home with a complete overheated RED face from a thorough workout. Walmart makes it easy to keep it handy and with low prices on both cucumber and mint, why wouldn’t I make it often? This is the way I’m staying hydrated this spring/summer, with the people I love most drinking a glass beside me. Cheers to cucumber mint water.
Ingredients for agua de pepino y yerba buena:
- 3 – large cucumbers (cut into big pieces)
- 1 – lemon peeled
- 1/2 – cup mint leaves (stems removed/leaves only – I used Melissa’s Produce)
- 1/2 – cup sugar
- 10 – cups water
- Place cucumbers, lemon, mint leaves, sugar in a blender, and then add a cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve that pours into a pitcher.
- Add the remaining water to the pitcher and give it a stir.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge and allow to chill.
- Pour agua into a cup and garnish with a mint sprig.