My fiance took it upon himself to start looking up places for me to buy a trifle bowl. Every place was either online with shipping or out of the way, then he checked Walmart, not only is it close by but it was priced so nicely ($6. 97) I went out and bought it straight away.
As my grubby hands placed my new trifle bowl in the cart, I said to my son “We can’t leave here with out buying ingredients to fill this beautiful vessel to the rim.” I then asked “Do you want to make an Easter Trifle? We can decorate it with the new blue raspberry peeps, and a chocolate bunny.” My son looked at me and said excitedly “Can we get jellybeans too?” Me, being a pleased new owner of a trifle bowl, I said “Of course we can!” Then we ran like little kids do across Walmart to the Easter candy section and picked out our prized treats. The blue raspberry peeps didn’t make it all the way home, my son had to have them in the car, luckily I bought an extra pack of regular blue peeps.
Ingredients for Easter lemon cake trifle:
- 1 – 6 ounce box of strawberry jello mix
- 1 1/2 – cups boiling hot water
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake mix (bake according to box instructions. Use egg, water, and vegetable oil)
- 1 – box pink bunny peeps
- 1 – large container cool whip
- 1 – box of blue raspberry peeps / or blue peeps
- 1 – bag Starburst jellybeans
- 1 – Lindt chocolate bunny
- In a large mixing bowl add in jello mix and hot boiling water. Mix with a fork or whisk until all jello is dissolved.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into jello mixture. Mix to combine.
- Pour creamy jello mixture into the bottom on the trifle bowl.
- Place in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix cake batter according to box (add in egg, water and oil) and bake.
- Allow cake to cool. Remove from pan and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Remove trifle bowl from fridge and start building your trifle. By alternating between the cubed cake and a bunny peep.
- Then fill the entire center with cake cubes.
- Spread a nice thick layer of cool whip on top of cake.
- Then place another layer of cake on top of the cool whip.
- Top with another layer of cool whip filling the trifle to the rim.
- Then decorate the top with blue raspberry peeps, jellybeans, and a chocolate bunny.
- Place back in the fridge till ready to eat.