When I think romance or love…. I associate the two with ice cream. Don’t ask me why. I guess I picture a couple sharing a banana spilt or going out on a romantic stroll and stopping for ice cream. Or maybe it’s because me and my fiance eat ice cream side by side when watching a good movie or talking out on our patio on a warm night. Or maybe because it is so darn good and why wouldn’t I equate it with love. I actually love it. To get to my point, I was sorta giving you the back story with the ice cream and love bit. This Valentine’s day, instead of making reservations to a restaurant I’m thinking of staying home and making a yummy dinner instead, and when I asked my sweetheart what he wanted he wanted for dessert he was very specific and said “Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream.” In my head I danced with joy thinking this will be the easiest dessert I have ever made and it will be pink and so suitable for Valentine’s Day. I looked at him and said “No problem hot stuff.”
The beauty of this Valentine’s Day dessert/treat is they are so easy to make. I bought everything for the ice cream sandwiches at Walmart, and the ice cream was only $3.98. My guy is a cheap date. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients for strawberry ice cream sandwiches:
- 1 – pint Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 – box World Table Chocolate Caramel Cookie Thins
- candy heart decorations
- Remove ice cream from freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take a cookie and place a single scoop of ice cream in the center.
- Top ice cream scoop with a cookie. Press down to sandwich.
- Decorate the sides with candy hearts.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to eat!