There is nothing worse then biting into a piece of fruit that has no flavor or is sour. I absolutely despise when that happens. I get so upset, because when you are at the market loading your fruit into the cart you imagine a great tasting piece of natures jewels…. I do at least. I fantasize about the sweetness and the just right texture. Well here’s some of the best news…. Walmart has this thing called 100% guarantee which means…. If you buy their produce that is labeled 100% guarantee, and you don’t absolutely love the fresh produce, all you have to do is bring your receipt back to the store for a full refund! How awesome is that? I love that they feel confident enough to offer that to the consumers. Plus it let’s me know it’s good, because they don’t want to lose money. It’s just a little insurance on my fruit. I decided to take them up on their pledge and bought some navel oranges…. WOW…. they were everything promised to be… sweet, tangy, juicy, and lovely. I wanted to have them first thing in the morning to start out my day, and that is exactly what I did.
Ingredients for honey orange bolillo french toast:
- 4 – bolillos (which they sell at Walmart in the bakery area)
- 4 – eggs
- 1/2 – cup milk
- 1 – tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – teaspoon cinnamon
- butter (for frying)
- 3 – navel oranges
- honey butter spread
- candied pecans
- Cut bolillos down the middle length-wise.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Dip two slices of bolillo at a time into egg mixture.
- Add a dab of butter to a large frying pan over a medium flame. Allow it to get hot then add in dipped bolillos.
- Cook on each side 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Continue until all bolillo slices are cooked.
- Using a pairing knife, cut the peeling off the oranges, then slice into rounds.
- Spread french toast with honey butter spread, and top with orange rounds. Finish by drizzling honey over the top and sprinkling with chopped candied pecans.
- Eat This Now!