Some people believe that you should eat something round for New Year’s Eve. It is suppose to be symbolic of bringing the year to a full circle. I like the idea of anything that is full circle getting the full comprehension of the year, and especially when it is in the form of cake. Hahhahhahhaa silly me…. I just brought cake into the equation. I needed to find a way to make sense of my cake addiction and New Year’s Eve traditions….. and I just made my own.
Have you ever had a Jarritos cake? A delicious cake made with pudding and citrus soda….. it’s so moist and close to perfect, and I personally love it. Especially when you find the Jarritos at Walmart for .50 cents a bottle. That makes it real easy to pick up a few bottles drink a couple and use one for your Jarritos cake. This is one of the desserts I will be making for New Year’s Eve this year. I will say it is for the kids to eat, but in reality it will be for me. Happy New Year Friends! Enjoy!
Ingredients for Jarritos cake:
- 3/4 – cup Jarritos grapefruit or lime soda
- 1 – box yellow cake mix
- 1 – small box lemon pudding
- 3/4 – cup vegetable oil
- 4 – eggs
- 2 – cups confectioners sugar
- 2 – tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 – tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray, and set to the side.
- In a large mixer add all cake ingredients and mix until smooth for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and place in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before flipping it over onto a plate.
- Then whisk together the icing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the cake.