Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ViSalus. All opinions and recipe are my own.
A friend of mine is on a diet, and is looking for ways to slim down but still keep all her favorite treats in place. I’ll have her at my house over the holiday weekend, so I needed to make sure she would be satisfied with her treat. I didn’t want her to feel left out while everyone else got to eat cake or cookies. I racked my brain for a while, thinking maybe I should make her cheesecake bites, or lowfat chocolate cake. Then after talking to her those ideas seemed to decadent for her weight loss plan. Luckily I had recently got a bag of ViSalus shake mix and a couple of new paleta molds. I thought what if I make a banana visalus mixture and freeze it into paletas then dip them at the tip in a chocolate? I knew that would make her happy since she loves banana and chocolate. I called her and told her all about the ViSalus product, how it is gluten- free, lactose – free, low fat, contains non-GMO soy protein, and low sodium. I then told her I made paletas out of them and they are DELICIOUS, she said she was so thankful cuz she has a hard time finding something great when everyone else is eating dessert.
Ingredients for Banana Paletas:
- 3 – super ripe bananas (if they have brown spots they are even better to use.)
- 1 – cup almond milk
- 2 – rounded scoops of Visalus Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix -Sweet Cream Flavor
- 1 – cup dark chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 – cup chopped peanuts
- In a blender add in bananas, almond milk, and Visalus Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix. Blend on high till smooth.
- Pour mixture into paleta / popsicle molds, then insert sticks and freeze over night.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with piece of wax paper on it.
- Melt down dark chocolate chips, either in a double boiler or microwave.
- Remove paletas from the freezer, then unmold them.
- Dip the tip of the paleta in melted chocolate, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Place dipped paletas on the cookie sheet and place back in the freezer for one hour.