There has been lots of 4th of July love going on in my kitchen lately. My son has recently fallen in love with gelatinas (Jello). These patriotic squares are the perfect independence day treat, and super easy to make. If you can boil water then you can make these with your eyes closed. Make them a day or two before the 4th and you’ll be set for the big show.
Ingredients for Stained Glass Jello:
- 1 – 6 oz. box of red jello
- 1 – 6 oz. box of blue jello
- 1 – packet of knox gelatin
- 6 – cups boiling hot water
- 1 – can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 – cups of milk
- In two 6 x 8 pans fill the first one with red jello and the second one with the blue jello.
- Add 2 cups of water to each mix and mix to completely dissolve jello. Then place in the fridge for jello to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and carefully remove jello slabs from pans. Cut the slabs into 1 inch squares. Then mix the two different colored squares together.
- Add the jello squares into a large 9×13 inch dish. Set to the side.
- In a different bowl add packet of knox gelatin and 1 cup of boiling hot water to the bowl and mix till completely dissolved.
- Once gelatin is dissolved add condensed milk and milk to the dissolved gelatin. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Then pour white gelatin mixture over the colored jello squares and put back in the fridge over night.
- Remove the jello slab from the pan, and with a knife cut into squares.