Layered cake is considered something special in my book. I have had the divine pleasure of the black and white indonisian cake. I have had layered berry cakes and the list goes on. I know people make crepe cakes by staking crepes on top of each other with gooey fillings in between. But never have I had a crepe cake with layers of crepes baked into the cake. I decided to make one for myself since chocolate crepe cake was exactly what I was craving. I don’t want you think I’m mad as a hatter, but this was one of the best cakes I ever tasted. Make it for yourself…. it’s a special treat. The peanut butter honey frosting and fresh banana slices will seriously make you a firm believer in this cake. Promise.
Ingredients for honey peanut butter chocolate crepe cake:
- 1 – box Devil’s food chocolate cake mix (use measurements for water, oil, and eggs according to box, and mix into batter)
- 12 – ready made Melissa’s produce crepes
- 2 – cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 – cup honey
- 2 – bananas (sliced into 1/4 inch slices)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with a non stick baking spray. Then line the bottom of the pans with wax paper.
- Pour 1/4 cup of cake batter into the bottom of each pan. Then with a spatula spread it evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Top the thin layer of cake batter with a crepe, then pour another 1/4 batter on top of crepe, spread it out evenly.
- Continue this layering process of cake batter and crepe until each pan has 6 crepes in each, then evenly distribute the remaining batter between both pans.
- Bake the cakes for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- Remove the first cake from the pan and remove the wax paper from the bottom, place on a plate.
- In a bowl whisk the peanut butter and honey together until completely combined. Divide it into two portions.
- Spread the first portion of peanut butter frosting on the top of the first cake.
- Place sliced bananas on top of the peanut butter frosting.
- Remove the second cake from the pan and remove the wax paper off the bottom of the cake. Place the second cake on top of the first peanut butter frosted cake.
- With the remaining peanut butter frosting spread it on the top of your second cake.