Disclosure: This is a sponsored post between Latina Bloggers Connect and FritoLay. All opinions and the recipe are my own.
If you know me well, then you know for a fact that my house has a personal cabinet dedicated to chips (if we don’t have a minimum of 5 bags in the house then their will be a problem), we eat chips with everything and since I could speak my number one chip has always been Lays. I also enjoy bringing friends together for a great time. Last Tuesday my friends and I got a jump start on Cinco de Mayo with Lay’s #StaxQueRico flavors. I asked all my guests to come over, sort of potluck style, and to bring a dip that would pair well with the new Stax crisps or a dish inspired by the crisps. It was a complete success…. All sorts of yummy dishes made their way into my kitchen and we had an amazing time. Here is what we had: pork adobada, strawberry mango salsa, spicy avocado sauce, hot dogs topped with stax Adobadas crisps, chicharrone chicken, chile verde, sangria, bloody marys, and my bacon bean dip and fish ceviche.
Check out these pictures from the party:
Ingredients for Fish Ceviche:
- 3 – cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 – cups of finely chopped white fish (either halibut or tilapia, or a mixture of both)
- 3/4 – cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 – cup finely chopped tomato
- 3/4 – cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 – cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 – tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 – tablespoon salt
- 2 – ripe avocados (diced)
- Tapatio (optional)
- Add lemon juice to a large bowl, then add in the small fish chunks. Place in the fridge, and allow to refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- Next chop red onion, tomato, cilantro and cucumber. Add all veggies to fish/lemon mixture.
- Give it a good mix then add garlic powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place back in fridge, and allow to refrigerate for 1 additional hour.
- Right before serving mix in avocado chunks.
- Serve right away.