I have to admit the truth, I’m having a full on affair with lemon pastries these days. Let me apologize to my friends in advance (A-dre, Emma, Kristen and Ericka) these ladies have been trying to get me to eat lemon desserts for YEARS, and I would turn my nose up and act like they had offered me the worst thing on earth. I should of listened to you girls. I Don’t know why the thought of lemon pastries just repulsed me. I had somehow convinced myself I would hate it. Recently I was in Miami and had my first slice of Key Lime Pie, and it was as if the heavens had opened up and let me lick the sky….. I LOVED IT! Now I’m going lemon pastry crazy. Here is my first dessert I ever made using lemon anything. I’m happy to share it with you. My family (especially my Mom) went bonkers for it. Enjoy!
Ingredients for No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake:
- 12 – honey graham crackers sheets (each sheet has 4 crackers in it)
- 3 1/2 – tablespoons butter (melted)
- 12 – ounces of cream cheese
- 1 – 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 5 – ounces of coconut flavored gelatin (I use D’Gari) (if you are unable to find coconut flavored gelatin- substitute with one cup of sugar and 1 individual packet of Knox gelatin)
- 3 – cups of boiling hot water
- 6 – ounces Lemon flavored jello mix
- 1 – cup of fresh blueberries
- To make the crust…. place all graham in a food processor and pulse till completely grounded up into crumbs. Then pour in melted butter and pulse again to incorporate.
- Pour buttered crumbs into a springform pan. Press crumbs into pan to form a crust. Then place in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- In a mixer add cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk and mix on medium till they cream together smooth. Set to the side.
- In a medium sized bowl mix coconut gelatin mix and 1 cup of boiling hot water together, mix until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set to the side to cool for about 25 minutes mixing with a spoon occasionally.
- Once coconut gelatin mixture is cooled enough, pour it a little at a time into the cream cheese condensed milk mixture, and mix with mixer on medium till completely combined. It will start to thicken up right away so work fast.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust lined springform pan. Then place in fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Then in a medium bowl add lemon jello mix and 2 cups of boiling hot water, mix until completely dissolved. Set to the side to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once lemon jello mixture has cooled, remove pan from fridge and add fresh blueberries to the top of the the cheese cake layer.
- Then slowly pour the cooled lemon jello mixture on top of the blueberries.
- Place back in the fridge for one hour. Then when ready to serve, take a butter knife and run it along the inner edge of the pan. Then release the springform pan and cut and serve. Enjoy!