I’ve never turned away from an egg. I could eat eggs for dinner, lunch, breakfast, and I do. Until recently I wouldn’t dream of eating egg whites all by their lonesome…. I wanted the yolk too. A few weeks ago I was making a dessert that just called for the yolks, I didn’t really know what to do with the left over whites. I had a few stalks of blanched asparagus in my fridge, and a knock on my door. To my delight my weekly Melissa’s Produce delivery had arrived. I opened up the box and found many greens, and a head of broccoli. I tore off a few bunches of broccoli, chopped up my asparagus, soon enough my egg whites had a purpose, and I had a new favorite egg dish.
Side note/Info: Did you know that Melissa’s Produce has these new organic veggie boxes that can be delivered right to your door for as little as $25 dollars a week? That includes delivery if you live in Southern California…. It’s a serious deal. Click here if you want to order or find out more. I love it and order whenever I don’t have time to run out to the farmers market.
Ingredients for Asparagus Broccoli Egg White Scramble:
- 1 – teaspoon butter
- 1/2 – cup blanched Melissa’s Produce asparagus tips
- 1/2 – cup Melissa’s Produce broccoli heads
- 3 – egg whites
- 1/8 – cup parmesan cheese grated
- pepper to taste
- In a medium frying pan over a medium flame add butter and allow to melt and heat slightly.
- Add in asparagus and broccoli, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in egg whites by pouring them over the veggies, and mixing them into the veggies. Cook for about 3 minutes or until all eggs are completely cooked.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of scramble and mix.
- Serve hot and enjoy!