I’m always craving a good hearty empanada, something I could sink my teeth into and relish every minute between bites. I have those moments where I stare into my empanada as I softly devour it, knowing the end is near. BUT there is always another one waiting for me on the plate until they are all gone. These potato empanadas unfold a new level of love before me all neatly wrapped in a pie crust dough. Have them for dinner tonight or take them on your next picnic. Either way, here is a simple way to make these tasty little gems using left over mashed potatoes. Watch the video to see how.
Ingredients for Potato Empanadas:
- 1 – box store bought pie crust
- 1/2 – cup of cold left over mashed potatoes (made with Idaho Potatoes, butter, garlic, and onion)
- 1/4 – cup chile strips (I roasted and peeled anaheim chiles)
- 1/4 – cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 – cup grated cheddar cheese
- egg wash (1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water mixed together)