I have been enjoying breakfast more and more lately. I use to only eat breakfast on the weekends. Then I realized that wasn’t very good for my metabolism. Since I don’t always want eggs I had to start thinking of an alternative… plus the whole cholesterol thing is something to consider. Geez, I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I am trying to eat breakfast every day and eat as soon as I wake up. That’s sometimes a task. When time is limited, I turn to my smoothie action. Throw your ingredients in a blender and presto, you got breakfast in a cup.
Ingredients for Strawberry Apple Chia Seed Smoothie:
- 2 – cups CA Strawberries (washed and stem removed)
- 1/2 – cup apple juice
- 2 – teaspoons whole chia seeds
- vanilla yogurt
- Add strawberries, apple juice, and chia seeds to a blender. Blend till smooth. Set to the side.
- In a cup pour 2 tablespoons of yogurt into the bottom of the cup.
- Pour smoothie on top of yogurt.