I started making this simple salsa many moons ago, as a fast tasty sauce for my tacos. Just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes and you have the ultimate salsa. I love the simplicity of the chile de arbol and tomato combination that this salsita brings to my burritos, eggs, steak, or popcorn…. It makes any meal perfectly spiced. Click here to watch a quick how to make this yummers salsa video.
Ingredients for Chile de Arbol Salsa:
- 4 – cups of water
- 1 – tablespoon salt
- 3 – tomatoes
- 16 – chiles de arbol (stems removed)
- 5 – garlic cloves
- a pinch of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over a medium high flame add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling add tomatoes and chile de arbol, and boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from flame and add tomatoes and chile de arbol to a blender. Use one cup of water that you boiled the chiles in and add to the blender as well.
- Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to blender, and blend on high till smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy on tacos or anything that tickles your fancy.