I made Beans for Babble…. and I did it on a video, my very first video for them…. Click here to see the video. If you like it, please share with your social media channels.
Ingredients for Frijoles de la Olla:
- 2 – pounds raw pinto beans (cleaned of any rocks or dirt)
- 18 – cups water
- 1 – whole onion
- 5 – cloves of garlic
- 1 – jalapeno
- 2 – bay leaves
- 1 – teaspoon oregano
- 1 – shot-glass full of olive oil
- 2 – tablespoons salt
- Sort and clean beans
- Soak beans overnight in a bowl of water
- Drain beans
- In a 8 quart pot over a medium high flame add water and bring to a boil.
- Then add in onion, garlic cloves, jalapeno, bay leaves, oregano, olive oil and beans.
- Bring water to a boil again , then cover pot with lid and lower flame to low.
- Boil for an hour, then add in salt.
- Boil for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Serve beans warm in a bowl for a delicious treat.