Cherry Watermelon Sangria

Summertime goes hand in hand with Sangria.  They meet up year after year like best friends on holiday.  A crony of mine told me Beringer White Zinfandel on ice was his favorite way to enjoy a summer night.  I invited him over for my Cherry Social, and wanted to make sure he really enjoyed his White Zinfandel that evening, so decided to take it up a notch and make it into a Sangria.  I might as well have served him liquid gold…. He loved it.  Everyone else at the gathering loved the Sangria as well.  The cherries sweet-tart flavor and the White Zinfandel blend together perfectly, and the candied sweetness of watermelon pushes this Sangria to a new height.  Enjoy it this evening for a taste of summer on holiday.

Ingredients for Cherry Watermelon Sangria:

3 – cups of chopped watermelon

2 – cups Whole Foods Market cherries (pitted and sliced in half)

2 – liters of lemon lime soda

4.5 – liters of Beringer White Zinfandel

In a large jug add watermelon and cherries.

Then pour in lemon lime soda.  Top with White Zinfandel.  Mix well.

Pour over ice and enjoy

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Whole Foods Market. However all opinions and recipes are my own. I genuinely love Whole Foods Market. :)
This entry was posted in Recipes, Things I drink and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Cherry Watermelon Sangria

1. Pingback: It was a “Cherry Social” with Whole Food Market Cherries. Chocolate Cherry Bread Pudding Recipe. | Presley's Pantry

2. Jennifer says:

This sounds like it might be really, really sweet – like too sweet? What do you think?

• Nicole says:

Hi Jennifer.
      Actually this drink was barely sweet. White Zinfandel is a semi-sweet wine. You can taste hints of fruit and a light splash of soda. It seriously was delicious. :) Give it a try.

• Ana Flores says:

I was one of the lucky ones to have a glass (or two!) of this sangria and it wasn’t too sweet a all! Very refreshing and dangerous because it goes down very fast!!

3. Jasmine Forte says:

You know I love my watermelon!!!! I may have to make the virgin version for my kiddos! :)

4. Uchi says:

Nice pic! me encanta la sandia , asi que tendré que probar.que rico!

5. Qué rica combinación de frutas! Y la versión virgin también está super refrescante… para estos calores!

6. This sounds very refreshing! I love cherries, will have to give this a try!

7. You had me at Cherry. Well then the Sangria part was just icing on the cake!!! YUM YUM YUM!

8. Monica says:

That looks so GOOD! It’s too bad I’m allergic to cherries :(

9. Rachel says:

Gah! I want this like Ahora! Lol yum! You rock Presley!

10. Yuuuummmm!!! So refreshing!!!! I loved it!

11. Caryn B says:

PS I Love WF! I saw their cherries last week…YUM!

12. RubyDW says:

Sangria with watermelon and cherries mmmmmm i need a couple gulps of that!

13. Niiiiice. Love me some sangria. All colors, fruits and wines! So fresh and so clean! ;)

14. Cheri says:

Wow…this was fabulous. We made it with Sauvignon Blanc because it was what we had on hand and we actually measured the liquids, but added a lot more fruit for the sake of presentation. It was dangerously good. I made another pitcher virgin for the kids and that was yummy too!! It looks as good as it tastes. If making for a party, I’d add big chunks of watermelon on the bottom because the cherries tend to sink lower and may get hidden under the watermelon.