Salad Series: Kale Salad in a Tahini Dressing

There’s something very reassuring about eating kale salad.  Number 1, you know you made the right choice for your body that day.  Number 2, this leafy green is high in fiber and has zero fat.  Number 3, Kale is high in Calcium, Vitamin A, C and K, and has more Iron than beef.  Number 4, Kale is an anti-inflammatory packed with powerful antioxidents!  These are reasons enough for me to want to eat this salad again and again.

I always shake up my Kale salad by making different dressings.  Remember to make your kale salad a few hours in advance and allow it to sit in the dressing just to soften the roughage up a bit.

Kale Salad in Tahini Dressing:

1- bundle Kale

2 – large lemons (juiced)

1/2 – cup Joyva sesame tahini puree

2 – garlic cloves (minced)

3- tablespoons of lime flavored soy sauce

1/4 – cup water

1/2 – cup pine nuts ( I like to toast mine)

Start by rinsing your Kale well.

Then place on a cutting board and cut into bit size shreds.  Place in a big bowl.

In a mixing bowl add lemon juice, tahini sesame puree, minced garlic, soy sauce and water.  Mix well.  At first the mixture will curdle then as you continue mixing it will go smooth.

Pour over chopped Kale and mix well to combine.

Next add pine nuts and cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours or over night. Enjoy!

All photos taken by: Nicole Presley
This entry was posted in Foods for LENT, Recipes, Salad Series, Side Dish, Vegetarian Corner and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Salad Series: Kale Salad in a Tahini Dressing

1. I’m always looking for good kale recipes. Thanks!

2. I’ve heard that Kale is the healthiest thing you can eat. I’ve never had it, but I’d like to! I’m going to try this recipe!

3. Yum! I’ll have to try this! I have a good Kale recipe (chips) but definitely looking for something else to use Kale in. Thanks!

4. RubyDW says:

Never tried Kale before looks good.

I am pinning this in my magical Pinterest Kale board!

6. Nicole says:

Bookmarked for a later date! This looks delish.

7. Aracely says:

I love love Kale! I’m definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

8. Sharlene says:

I love kale chips but haven’t found a kale salad recipe that I like. Gonna has to try this one. Pinning it!

9. Qué rico y sencillo de preparar!

10. Caryn B says:

Thanks to Shelby, I tried Kale for the first time and was surprised at how much I like it! Fabulous recipe…bookmarking so I can re create it : ) Thank you!

11. Unknown Mami says:

I don’t know why I have such a hard time embracing kale. I’ll have to give this a try. So far I just make kale chips and eat those.

12. Gicel says:

It’s on!!!! I’m making this salad tomorrow, thanks for posting :)

13. Wow! I feel healthier just for reading the recipe. Sounds kind of good actually and I’m not a kale salad girl…

14. Eva Smith says:

Oh yum! This looks so delicious. Definitely trying out the recipe.

15. So yummy and easy. I love kale salads. I don’t eat them enough but will. And the touch of tahini is niiice.

16. Kale is all the rave these days! This looks so yummy :)

17. This looks fabulous! And kale is so super healthy. My favorite recipe so far has been the Zuppa Toscana they serve at Olive Garden! It’s delicious! Can’t wait to try this one too! ;)

18. Rachel says:

Best kale salad I’ve seen. The tahini really takes it to a scrumptious level. Rico!

19. Carrie says:

Kale is supremo!
    Love this recipe…always looking to add more variety to my kale collection.

20. So simple yet it looks so delicious and I know it’s nutritious. I’ve been trying to eat more kale because of its benefits. Now I have one more recipe!