Float away with me Peachy Peach

If I could float away into the world of soda and ice cream I would.  I love the foamy substance a float produces up top, it makes scooping out the ice cream with a spoon and gulping down the soda with a straw a heavenly experience.  I’ve been feeling rather peachy lately and it isn’t a coincidence that Melissa’s Produce and I are on the same wave of sentiments.  They were kind enough to send me over a batch of stone fruits. Pictured below.

After sinking my teeth into their skin and marveling over the sweetness of their flesh I wanted to enjoy them as many ways as possible.  I recently had a delicious float and was inspired to make a peach version.  Something to cool down my summer and quench my sweet tooth at the same time.  Peach and cream float with ginger cookie crumbs would definitely do the trick.

Ingredients for Peach & Cream Float:

peach ice cream

1 – peach (cored and sliced)

cream soda

ginger cookies

In a big cup add 3 to 5 scoops of ice cream.

Then take your sliced peaches and add them in!

Then pour cream soda over the top till filled, then crumble ginger cookie on top!

Stick a straw and a spoon in it, and SLURP till your heart’s content!

All photos taken by: Nicole Presley and Mando Lopez

This entry was posted in Presley's Panaderia "Bakery", Recipes, Things I drink and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Float away with me Peachy Peach

1. Maria Amelia says:

OK. You had me at Stewart’s Cream Soda and ice cream. The peach just sends it over the top! I bet this is refreshing at the end of a summer BBQ or picnic. Mmmmm.

2. Me encanta! Se ve super refrescante y delicioso!

3. Jennifer says:

What does “stone fruit” mean? Anyway, this looks like a great recipe for summertime, thank you.

4. I’ll buy the ingredients and my family is going to enjoy the Peachy peach tonight :)

5. Alba Garza says:

First I have to say, I like your nails. Thanks for sharing I am gonna try this. My guys love floats!

I’ll be at your house on Sunday and I want you to greet me at the door with one of these, thank you.

7. Oh hecks to the yes!!! I love soda floats and this one with peaches would be perfect any time of day! :)

8. Yum! Getting a shipment of stone fruits would make me overjoyed!

9. Seriously? Oh many now I’m so hungry, that looks amazing!

10. With all the good peaches at the Altadena Farmers’ Market, I’ll have to try this one. I think I already have the ginger snaps. All I need is the cream soda and to goose the beloved spouse into making some ice cream.

11. RubyDW says:

nom nom nom peach float!!!!! I love floats something about the creaminess such a great summer treat!

12. Aracely says:

Ok seriously this looks amazing!!!! I have a crate full of peaches and now I know what I’ll be making with the extra ones!