It’s not everyday I get invited to the Disney Studio Lot for a Halloween Party. Boy was it a nice one. Lots of activities for the kiddies, but an equal amount of fun for adults too. Or maybe I just relish in childish venture. There was a ton of video games, craft making, cookie decorating, a drawing station, and a costume contest. The excitement didn’t end there…. we got a tour of the studio back lot. I felt like a fly on the wall walking the halls of the animation building. Looking at old posters and glazing over vintage collectables from the archives. It was indeed a lucky day. I snapped a few pictures along the way, let me give you a peak.
Back at the Party the snacks were in full swing. Mini burgers, mac and cheese cupcakes, caprese salad, ceasar salad, chicken skewers, candied apples, Mickey Mouse cupcakes and Jack Skellington cupcakes too.
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- White buttercream frosting
- 2 toothpicks
- Tube of black decorator’s icing
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to lightly etch the outline of two large Jack Skellington eyes in the frosting.
- Slowly pipe black decorator’s icing onto the etched lines and then fill in the inner circles. Use another toothpick to spread and smooth the icing.
- Pipe on two short lines for a nose. Next, pipe a long line across the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth. For the finishing spooky touch, randomly top the mouth with a bunch of short icing barbs.
Thank you Disney for inviting me and my family to your wonderful party. We had too much fun!
All photos taken by: Nicole Presley and Mando Lopez. Except the Jack Skellington Cupcake photo is courtesy of Disney Family.com