Membrillo, Manchego, Crema, and Pistachios= Decadent Dessert

When I eat this dessert I feel like I should be sitting at a table surrounded by aristocrats. Oohing and Awwing over the beauty of the taste that has somehow caught people off guard.  This dessert is magical in the way of being able to transport me to many places, it reminds me of times in my life I will never forget.  It is the taste of conversations with my dearest friend. It is the taste I remember most when my palate was coming of age. It is the taste of unusual decadence. It is the taste of my Latina culture amplified by 10. The pairing of Wonderful Pistachios with membrillo, manchego, and cream is a taste EVERYONE should be fortunate enough to savor and enjoy!

All photos taken by: Nicole Presley

This recipe will make 4 desserts

Ingredients for decadent dessert:

A slab of membrillo (quince jam)

1/4 – cup grated manchego cheese

1/8 – cup whipping cream

10 – wonderful pistachios (chopped)

For a single serving…. grab a little dessert plate and place a small slice of membrillo in center.

Then take a small pinch of grated manchego  and place on top.

Then pour a little bit of whipping cream over the top.

Lastly sprinkle with your chopped Wonderful Pistachios…. A pairing worth celebrating!

Try not to gobble it all down in two seconds!

No compensation was received for this post. I was provided with a sample of  Wonderful Pistachios to aid this recipe. The recipe and opinions are my own.

Here’s a cute idea if your having a dinner party…. serve your dessert in a spoon for a bite size portion.

Ay cabron, que bueno!

This entry was posted in Presley's Panaderia "Bakery", Recipes. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Membrillo, Manchego, Crema, and Pistachios= Decadent Dessert

All my favorites in one! I want to sit at a table and have this dessert with you while we talk about what we are going to have for lunch and dinner, etc…

2. Eva Smith says:

What a delicious treat! I love the the sprinkles of pistachios on the plate. Yum Yum!

3. I’ve never heard of membrillo before. But this looks delicious! And this recipe looks so easy…I am pretty sure I could do it. :D

4. I’ve done this with guava— so good! And anything POM is great, too! I’m glad you got to work with their pistachios. I went to their orchards two years ago and was amazed! ;) Great recipe and spoon tip!

5. Valentina says:

i’m loving everything about this! Manchego is my favorite Spanish cheese! Delicious! :-)

6. Cristina says:

I love manchego cheese. Can I sit with you and Ericka and enjoy this dessert? :)

7. Que delicia! I’m fan of all treats that include that delicious crema. What do you call it in English?

8. Unknown Mami says:

This looks like heaven on a plate to me.

9. Uchi says:

mm que delicia ! I love manchego cheese !

10. Love anything nutty and I am a dessert girl. This looks amazing.

11. This looks so good!! I love machengo and the bite size idea. Thanks for sharing!